Prolonged exposure to harmful UV rays can cause premature aging and skin damage. Continuous sun exposure can even cause basal cell carcinoma or skin cancer mostly located in the skin areas exposed to the sun. More so, UV rays can also damage your eyes. And with the ill effects of UV rays, Renewing Serum is here to help spread awareness of May being Ultraviolet Awareness Month.
Sponsored by Prevent Blindness America, Ultraviolet Awareness Month aims to increase awareness on the damaging effects of UV rays, especially on the eyes and skin. Too much sun exposure can cause cataracts and even cancers of the eye. Scary huh? But with the right sunglasses, protecting your eyes is the easy part. And as for your skin, there are ways to protect it, too.
1. Apply sunscreen lotions with high SPF. The sun is unavoidable. Plus, it’s awesome! Who doesn’t love some time in the sun? Balance your fun with healthy exposure by applying SPF lotions and sunblock facial creams and enjoy fun-filled summer activities.
2. Wear sun-protection gear like hats or a bandana. Applying SPF lotions and sunblocks are a great start to protecting your skin. Want to go the extra mile? Cover up more with extra protection from hats or bandanas. Not only are they fashionable, but they are practical and flexible summer accessories that you can use to protect your skin.
3. Wear sunglasses. As mentioned earlier, sunglasses can help protect your eyes from damage. They come in different shapes, colors and designs. Pick up a pair of polarized sunglasses for shades that give great visual clarity as well as eye protection.
4. Stay in the shade. While at the beach, bring a beach umbrella. No reason you can’t enjoy building sandcastles while staying protected, too.
5. Avoid sun exposure during peak hours. These are the times when the sun is at its highest. This is usually around 11 am to 2 pm. Avoiding sun exposure during these hours can minimize excessive exposure even from a short amount of time.
6. Moisturize. If you find yourself with dry skin from a day in the sun, moisturize. Renewing Serum will hydrated your skin for a smooth appearance and may minimize sun-damaged wrinkles.