November is National Healthy Skin Month. The recognition aims to educate people on the importance of keeping the skin healthy and young looking. One important way to do that is by being proactive. As they say, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Make skin care part of your daily routine in order to prevent skin problems including rough skin, wrinkles, liver spots (age spots), and skin cancer.
Most skin problems are caused by exposure to the ultraviolet rays of the sun. The UV rays cause the break down of elastin and collagen in the skin, resulting in wrinkling and premature aging. Chemicals in laundry detergents and cleaning products are skin irritants that can cause allergies and skin problems. Also, cigarette smoke and too much alcohol tend to make the skin wrinkled and dry.
Tips for Healthy Skin
We can keep our skin healthy and young looking by observing the following:
- Sun protection – Most skin damage is caused by too much exposure to the sun. Avoid going outside during the sun-intense part of the day, usually from 10 am to 4 pm. Wear sun protection when going out during these hours.
- Smoking and drinking – Smoking and excessive alcohol consumption contribute to premature aging of the skin. Avoid smoking at all costs and watch out your intake of alcoholic drinks in order to preserve the elasticity of the skin.
- Regular cleansing and moisturizing – Cleansing removes dirt and bacteria that can cause skin problems. Washing your face using warm water and mild soap will remove most of the bacteria without leaving your skin dry. Keeping the skin moisturized protects it from drying and looking dull.
- Quality sleep – Adequate sleep is essential for keeping healthy and young looking skin.
- Exercise – Exercise keeps the oxygen circulating in your blood stream, making the skin appear more healthy and vibrant.
Taking good care of your skin can help defend its youthful beauty. Using skin products such as Renewing Serum helps fight the visible signs of aging by diminishing wrinkle size and creating smoother skin. Renewing Serum offers both instant and long-term benefits to the skin.