Johnny Appleseed Day is celebrated every September 26th. It is a special day that honors Johnny Appleseed who is one of the pioneers of planting apple trees in Ohio, Indiana, Pennsylvania, and Illinois. He was a prominent environmentalist who is known for his generosity and kindness. Without him, we may not be able to enjoy as many apples as we have today.
Apples are one of the most common fruits available on the market. Aside from being delicious, apples are also nutritious and may offer many health benefits.
- Good for the teeth. Did you know that eating apples can help you reduce tooth decay? Eating apples stimulates saliva production. As a result, you could be lowering the bacteria levels in your mouth.
- Fights Alzheimer’s. There is a study that suggests that drinking apple juice may reduce chances of Alzheimer’s and slow your brain’s aging. The study showed that eating apples result in higher levels of acetylcholine which is a neurotransmitter that is good for your brain.
- Reduces the risk of cancer. Many articles have stated that the American Association for Cancer Research agreed that flavonol-rich apples may help in preventing the development of pancreatic cancer by as much as 23 percent.
- Reduces risks of high cholesterol. Apples contain a large amount of fiber that might lower cholesterol levels.
- Maintains weight. Apples are high in nutrients but are low calorie.
- Boosts immune system. The presence of antioxidants in apples can help you boost your immune system.
- Anti-aging benefits for your skin. Like Renewing Serum CE, the antioxidants present in apples help you fight signs of aging.